Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Milk Milk

It is getting more and more difficult to latch Lil Isaac now, especially if we are outside. He will be distracted and often goes on milk strike.

He hates to be under cover now and either attempts to pull away the cover and exposed mummy or cry bloody murder. Either way, we fail. Thus, we now had to run for nursing room before I can nurse him. The moment we enter the nursing room, he gets distracted by the new environment and refused to nurse. He must be given time to get familiar with the nursing room before he will latch. Sometimes, we make multiple trips to the nursing room before we get a successful attempt. Most of the time, I have to coax him into a half asleep mode before I can latch him. Oh, he is still bitting me when he doesn't want to latch. It is just getting more and more taxing.

Things get more complicated now with Lil Isaac preferring my left breast over my right. -.o" I don't know if it is bcos of the angle or the flow or what but he refused to nurse on the right for long. I ended up getting a full right breast and an empty left one. Haiz. Sometimes I feel like giving up. Coupled with the depleting FBM, I think my full breastfeeding career may be coming to an end too.

I am not exactly worried. I am not intending to stop yet and will try to give him BM for as long as I can. In the event that I don't have enough for him, I will top up with FM. I have started sourcing for suitable FM and decided on NAN HA and Mamex Gold, Hypoallergenic formula. Both are recommended for babies with eczema or with allergies. I am more inclined towards NAN HA as it is more commonly available and cheaper. However, jiejie tried NAN previously and ended up with constipation. I have emailed the manufacturers for free sample, which they usually gladly supplied. This guni hun business is very attractive. Imagine the profits that they made from all the guni hun needed to feed the baby to toddler.

Strangely, both NAN and Mamex haven't been the most forthcoming with my request for guni hun sample. I emailed, called Nestle (NAN) and left my contact number but no sample. I managed to speak to somebody and was given a number to call, but it must be a phantom person at the other end bcos I never manage to reach her. It was frustrating. I made a final attempt. I called up Nestle and insisted that I do not want to call the phantom person anymore. I don't care if the person that I am speaking to then was the right person, just don't make me call the phantom person! I also threatened to go to Mamex if I still do not hear from Nestle (actually, I already did). That does the trick. I got a call from Nestle the very next day, asking for my address to send me their welcome pack. Kekeke. Bcos there was nobody home, I asked for the pack to be sent to Centris and asked to call her back when I get Centris address. It was a Saturday morning and I forgot to call back. I received a follow-up call on Monday, asking for Centris address and the welcome pack consisting of a cooler bag, 900g NAN HA 2 and cereal samples were sent promptly to Centris on the same day. I haven't decide when to start Lil Isaac on FM but it does feel comforting to know that the FM is sitting there and patiently waiting for us if we need it.

Haiz, why must make me threaten leh? I am definitely one of those difficult customers when I want to get things done and I do give people hell at times. Coincidentally, Daddy Lim went for a course on Handling Difficult Customers yday and today. Hohoho. But seriously, giving people hell does get things done, no use being nice when things don't turn out as expected. Apparently, most people perform under pressure. Hohoho. It is time to do the same to Mamex if NAN HA is not suitable for Lil Isaac.

Mummy Lim

No comments: