Bcos Popo was so busy recently, she has been putting off cooking porridge for Lil Isaac. I didn’t wanted to stress Popo and I am horrible in cooking. I don’t know what meat to use for the broth to make the porridge, don’t know what special rice to use and I don’t even know how much water to put in. So, I bought baby pasta instead. I can make pasta soup and had made macroni soup that for Lil Shauna on several occasions. Popo did eventually take my hint and made porridge for Lil Isaac when he was 7.5 month and I heard he really enjoys the porridge.
Yday, bcos we were grounded and Popo didn’t cook porridge for Lil Isaac since we were supposed ti ho nainai's house, I thought I can cook baby pasta for him. Bcos the idea was impromptu, there wasn’t enough time to thaw the meat and I thought I could use anchovies instead. I threw a handful into the pot and a good smelling pot of broth was ready in no time. I threw in another few slices of carrot to add flavor to the little bit of baby pasta. I guessed I added a little too many anchovies and the pasta turned out with salty taste. But I guessed it should be fine since it is natural and Lil Isaac liked his dinner. He ate quite a fair bit and everything seems fine.
This afternoon, my mum called me to say that Lil Isaac seems to develop hives on his body, a common allergy reaction. Since anchovies are the newest food that had been introduced, it was the main suspect of the reactive. I got an earful from my mum and they had to help me bring him to the doctor. He was given the anchovies broth almost 24 hours ago. I thought allergic reaction happened almost instantly?
Luckily, it was nearing lunch time and I rushed down to JP to help out. The doctor suspected that it is allergic reaction and blamed the anchovies too. Lil Isaac was given some cream containing steroid and some oral medication (drowsy formula). Poor Lil Isaac was red and patchy and itchy and was scratching away.
For some strange reasons, the hives went away shortly without the steroid cream or the medication. It left as fast and suddenly as it had come. We were left puzzled but are grateful that things are turning for the better. We still gave Lil Isaac the steroid cream but do away with the oral medication. I think the cream will also help with his eczema.
So, Lil Isaac will be put off fishes and seafood for a long while. I think I better stay off seafood and peanuts too. Hmmmm.. Is it really the anchovies? Well, better to be safe than sorry.
Mummy Lim
No comments:
Post a Comment