Lil Shauna is constantly testing our patience and she gets it from us sometimes, especially from me, when my fuse is short. Unfortunately for her, my fuse is always short now.
She has been difficult when it comes to dressing. Despite the drawers of clothes, she always insists on that few pieces. And when she has her mind on a particular piece, it is very tough to put something else on her. Changing is often a nightmare, including shoes.
She had been wanting to buy shoes with heels. Recently, in the market, there is a series in princess print and she is crazy about them. However, I wasn't able to find a pair in her size and thus hasn't got her any. Yes, I do know that heels aren't good for her little back at 3. But they are seriously cute and I thought she wouldn't wear them so often even if I buy them.
Recently, Fione got a pair of those heels and Lil Shauna insisted on a pair too. She managed to get Popo to buy her a pair of heels with Ariel print. The heels are about 2.5cm high and way too big. She can walk in them but of course had trouble walking fast, jumping, running, climbing up and down the stairs, all the things that she loves to do. It is probably tiring and painful to walk in them too and she kept asking to be carried when she goes out in them.
The problem? She loves them so much and wanted to go everywhere in them! Popo often let her have her way and brought her out in her heels. We then suffer the consequences when we meet them up bcos she can't walk and wants to be carried. -.o" whenever this happened, Popo will lament and regret buying her the heels are allowing her to wear them. But the same scenario repeats themselves again and again. Haiz.
This morning, i told her that we are going to the church. We were all ready to go and I told her that she cannot wear her heels. We were going out alone and the last that I need is a 15kg Lil Shauna who refused to walk. She threw a tantrum and insisted on her heels. I blew.
Her tantrum cost her to be grounded and her heels. I threw her heels into the rubbish bin right in front of her. She cried and pleaded pitifully for me to get back her heels, which I did not oblige. She is getting out of hand and must be disciplined. Then I asked Popo to clear the rubbish bin. Her heels are kept in the storeroom but we will all maintain that I have thrown them away. Maybe she can have them when she's older but definitely not now. They are too much of a hazard and hassle.
So, we missed church again and didn't go out until Daddy Lim came home from work at 3+pm to bring us to nainai's place. Remember that I mentioned that Lil Shauna isn't afraid of us? She definitely is of me now when I blew my top at her bcos she knows that I will discipline her. Hohoho. She needs to taught who is the boss.
Mummy Lim
No comments:
Post a Comment