Did I miss snowboarding after Shenzhen? Yes! But I was more worried about forgetting how to snowboard if the break is too long.
Two Sundays ago, I asked Daddy Lim to “accompany” me to an open session. He basically sit around and helped me to operate the slope. I was the only one for the 60 mins session and had to take multiple breaks in between. I think I only utilise half the time.
I could still do my turns. Yay! I was a little more confident but there were also multiple times that I either lose my heel to toe or vice versa. Just when I got it back, I lost the other one. Zzzzz… after like more than half way into the session, I was then a lot steadier. I felt steadier, though the video didn’t quite look that way.
I had a good time and asked Daddy Lim to really join me on the slope the next time. He agreed but we cannot find an empty slot last weekend and we didn’t want to share the slope with other people.
Trifecta has renewed their carpet and re-opened in July. I still have 6 lessons with them but didn’t want to use a different type of slope and messed up what I have learnt. It is very difficult, frustrating, and expensive to have to relearn. Just nice, the kids had grown bored of just doing S turns on the slope. I signed them up for Trifecta freestyle lesson. They had to start with the foundation freestyle class 1st.
The freestyle class was conducted on the enoki mushroom slope.
There were another young couple and another auntie in the class. The auntie is probably older than I am. I applauded her; I only want to survive on the slopes and didn’t want to be the weakest link in the family. I wouldn’t risk my life or limbs or neck to try to do tricks.
The instructor made them go down the slope heelside and then straight board as warm up. Then, they tried ollie jump on flat ground.
Zaky said that it was hard work and he could already feel his calves acting up before even using the slope.
They then put what they learnt onto the slope. They had to take turns and there was a fair bit of waiting. It takes a long time to strap in the boots.
Each of them got about 6 runs. Nana said that it was very difficult to ollie jump the ramp bcos there wasn’t enough speed. They had a lot of fun.
I was busy taking videos, also of the other participants and airdrop to them, which they appreciated. Mummy’s job accomplished.
I still have 4 classes in the package to finish by 24 October. It is not a good time. The kids are in the midst of prelims and I really don’t want injured kids for O and A levels. Let’s see how.
That is not all. I still have 24 lessons with Snowmonster. I had originally thought that we can easily finish a 30-session package among the 4 of us. I mean, on my own with Trifecta previously, I easily took 8 lessons. What I didn’t realise is that we all preferred to do self practice over lessons. Bcos different instructors teach differently, we have to follow instructions and had to share the slope. The more we did self practice, the better we are with the turns and we can’t do more beyond the turns on the slopes, thus the lesser need for lessons.
The package will expire in December, I will probably make the kids go for some freestyle lessons. Their trick classes are unfortunately only on ground but I am sure the kids would be happy to learn some cool tricks.
I should make Daddy Lim take lessons too. Just that as December draws near, the lessons are getting very pack and it is such an unpleasant experience to keep having to wait for one’s turn during classes.
Mummy Lim






No comments:
Post a Comment