Tuesday, December 16, 2025

Happy Birthday to Daddy Lim!

One of the reasons for Daddy Lim’s long leave is bcos he didn’t want to work on his bday. I understand, I will feel the same way too on my bday. In fact, I want to be on leave everyday and as and when too if I have the option. Hoho. 

Daddy Lim had been talking about a good dinner on his bday and did all the planning and booking. Not that I bo xin, I did my own bday buffet lunch planning and booking too last bday. It is just that if you rely on others, it may not happen. Don’t take chance.

Bcos Zaky said that he wanted to eat seafood buffet, Daddy Lim found this restaurant at Dorset hotel. It is nicely located in Outram, which is so near to my office. Daddy Lim and the kids drove from home. They made sure to leave a good tummy for the buffet. 

It is a small restaurant and the spread was so-so only. I forgot to take pictures bcos Daddy Lim and the kids arrived before I did and I was rushing to tackle the buffet. There were black pepper (skinny) crabs, fresh prawns, various shellfish, various fish dishes, sashimi and of course a few non seafood dishes. In my opinion, only the prawns were fresh and good and that was what I whacked. To make my $$ worth, I tried tackling the crabs too but seriously, the skinny crabs weren’t worth my efforts. 

Did I eat enough to make the $50ish++ price worth? I don’t think so. Then again, eating out is so expensive now and a decent meal in a restaurant may cost more than half of what we spent that night. 

When making the reservation, Daddy Lim specified that it was his bday. The staff gave him some cubes of cake (from the dessert table, muahahahha) and sang him a bday song. Hoho. 


Happy bday Bb! Pls stay healthy. Let us retire together and travel many many! 

Aren’t we supposed to diet after all the eating from the Europe trip? Hmmmm… Happy Bday! 

Mummy Lim



No comments: