This is my 1st Family Day with the Company. It takes place once every 2 years. Coincidentally, I am also part of the organising committee. However, it was so much easier as compared to the previous times, the crowd is so much smaller. We only expected a turnout of 200 inclusive of family. We also had the luxury to rely heavily on the events company and could hands off on so many things. The events company even sourced and recommended venue! Most importantly, my colleague was the one spearheading the event this time and I got to free ride a lot. Lol.
We had envisioned the event to start in the late afternoon and ended off with a movie screening under the stars, coupled with a bbq dinner. It all happened as planned except for the bbq dinner. It was way out of our budget.
The event was to start at 4pm at Riders' Lodge (RL) located near Turf City but I had to meet up with the committee at 2.30pm. Lil Shauna headed to her phonics class and I brought Lil Isaac along as promised. He was definitely happy!
On the way to RL, it started raining. Lil Isaac and I prayed for good weather. It was still raining when we arrived but fortunately lightened to a drizzle. It didn't completely stop until about 5 pm.
Lil Shauna joined us at almost 5pm. The kids had fun. There was some games and pony rides.
There was a magic show and the kids loved it.
Buffet dinner followed and we waited for the sky to darken to complete the event with movie under the stars.
I got lucky this time and won $100 Taka vouchers! Greedy me was hoping for one of the iPads though. Lol.
The wonderful people who made the event a success.
The kids had fun and are looking forward to going to mummy's office for kids at work day.
Mummy Lim





No comments:
Post a Comment