Lil Shauna has been with LCentral for more than 2 years and is due to progress to the 4th level in coming October. I supposed there are better enrichment centers out there but I am pleased with LCentral. Lil Shauna is now able to blend words (though forgetful about her rules at times) and read independently, if she wanted to. Most of the time, she lacks the confident or it is simply much easier if mummy or pappy can do the reading for her.
She is also doing Chinese enrichment with her school and some Chinese enrichment class with Felicia. Truth be told, I do not placed as much emphasize on Chinese. It is definitely not an easy language but sadly, I think Chinese is indeed losing its importance in Singapore. I am very glad that Lil Shauna adores her Chinese enrichment teacher and looks forward to her enrichment class every Saturday morning. I thought her Chinese has improved tremendously as compared to previosuly. She speaks Mandarin to Popo now and doesn't tried to shut me up when I communicate to her in Chinese, like how she used to. She still thinks that she is an English though. LOL.
We have dropped music after struggling for a term and unlikely to pick it back in the near future. We don't see her being gifted in music and it is too painful to struggle in it especially when time is so limited and precious. She has been swimming with Uncle Shawn for over a year and can now do front-crawl continuously for short distant and is learning back stroke now. Progress may be slow but nothing beats taking swimming classes and monkeying with her cousins. She is also taking art classes with her cousins at the CC across Centris, largely to burn time. I tried to check her interest on other fun enrichment like dancing or gym classes but she simply isn’t keen and I see no point in forcing her for those.
Her parents are working hard as well to perform their parental volunteer duties. It has been almost 3 months since we started and we have clocked 7 out of the required 40 hours. I think we shouldn't have problem fulfilling the 40 hours. We aren’t sure if West Grove Primary School is indeed the right school, definitely not the best but I think the neighbourhood schools are all about there.
Mummy is busy searching for Maths enrichment for Lil Shauna currently. She will drop her art classes when we find one. Mummy has been busy reading forum and will be bringing Lil Shauna for assessment (required by most centers) beforedeciding on a suitable one for her. I hope to find one that sheenjoys. I may be greedy but think that learning at their age should be interesting so that we don't kill their interest. WithMaths in place, I think I have completed the picture.
The 2nd kid always get it worse. That is even when Daddy Lim had been reminding me way before Lil Isaac comes along that he should get to attend similar classes that jiejie attended. Unfortunately, humans are both forgetful and lazy.
Lil Isaac did get to attend 2 terms with My Little Gym and that is almost all. Poor boy. Well, he started swimming with thejiejies and Uncle Shawn a couple of months back and mummy is looking at some gym class that he can start attending again. After jiejie’s scare with music, I am not the most keen to send him to one. Maybe I am believing that the music genes doesn't flow in our blood.
Academically, we will be starting him on phonics with LCentralwhen he turns 3 in October. Lil Isaac doesn't have jiejie’s flare for English. He hasn't even learnt all the 26 uppercase letters and I need not mentioned about lower cases or the sound. We will continue to try to introduce more letters to him but I hopeLCentral could help him in more ways. Popo think that we are wasting $ by sending him so early to phonics classes when he couldn't even speak clearly but I think it will be worth the investment.
I don't have gifted kids. I am not trying to hothouse my kids too.I only hope that by preparing them early and giving them strong foundations, they will be more confident when they enter the academic mad rush. Roooaaarrrr…
Mummy Lim
No comments:
Post a Comment