Thursday, October 8, 2026

Fresh Bread Again

I can’t remember how long ago did I buy the break maker. It was sitting idle at home for a while bcos I was lazy and it was easier to just buy a loaf. 

Over the weekend, I suddenly decided that I would use the bread maker. All the flour and yeast had expired and Daddy Lim was kind enough to humor my sudden enthusiasm and drove me to Phoon Huat for fresh ingredients. Home made bread is not cheap; the good ingredients come at a premium. 

My 1st few attempts with the bread maker ended with very dense loaves and I think it had to do with the insufficient yeast. Thereafter, I tend to be more generous with the yeast, but not excessive to end up with explosive loaves. 

This time, I decide to make a Brioche bread, which is rich in butter. I substituted brown sugar for white sugar bcos it is what we have at home. Voila! 


The sweet smelling of the bread filled the house in the last hours. The smell was so good. The bread had risen very nicely too. 

I left it to cool overnight and sliced it the next morning. It was so messy and I forgot the stress of urging the family to eat my bread before it turns stale. I was extra hardworking in making bfast for the family in the next few mornings. Haha. 

The bread turns out to be delicious. It has to be with the extra butter and sugar that the suggested recipe calls for. I am happy to say that we finished all the bread. Yay! 

I brought extra flour and butter. More bread! 

Mummy Lim


No comments: