For a period of time, Nana was very excited about graduation trips. My guess is that it signifies the end of A levels and the freedom to travel with friends and without parents. In her excitement, she has agreed and bought tickets for 2 grad trips. She is heading to Hong Kong in December with a few of her secondary friends and to Taiwan in January with her JC friends. Where is the $$ coming from? Savings and partial loan from yours truly. The kids will also get some monetary incentives for their grad trip if they meet the agreed expectations for A and O levels. That is to say, she is spending future $$.
Anyway, she has regretted about the Hong Kong trip. It is with friends that she isn’t close with or keep in regular contact now. I think it was the fomo and grad trip vibes that got into her head then. Then, mummy came to the rescue. I never miss a chance to travel and I want to go Shenzhen to snowboard again!
Bcos it is HKG, Zaky wants to go bcos he wants to go to Disneyland. Since we are all going, Daddy Lim might as well tag along. Yay! Another trip planned! Snowboarding again!
I am so worried that I would lose my snowboarding skills. Since the Shenzhen trip, I have gone back to the open session once. It is the school holidays and I asked if Nana is keen to join me. Let’s go! Her last time on Snowmonster slope was a long time ago.
Bcos the year is ending and every other person is learning skiing or snowboarding for their snow holiday, the Snowmonster classes are very packed. Almost every other class is full. That means barely getting 15 mins out of the supposedly 1 hour class. I still have 24 lessons in my package and didn’t want to take classes with so many people. That was when I realised that the package can be used for open sessions, just that I would end up paying more when using the package than paying direct. Hmmm.. better than paying direct and then also wasting the package right?
Nana and I were at Snowmonster on Tuesday 6pm for our open sessions. I think there is over-usage. Everything in Snowmonster feels like they are breaking down. The boots feel wonky, the elastic for the guards are getting loose, the cushion in their helmets is disintegrating, the bindings on their snowboard is not holding properly. Even the enoki on their slope are getting botak. I hope Snowmonster is replacing as needed.
Snowmonster is having their school holiday camp for little kids now. Nana said that so many kids were rolling around the slope when she arrived. We got to use the big slope when then kids finally cleared out.
One of the instructors who once taught us was free and stayed back for a good 20 mins to look at us. She gave us some advices too. Actually, I was super frustrated after I last attended her class. She taught a different technique from the previous instructor and then there wasn’t enough time to practice and so I lost my J turns. Of course I didn’t tell her. Haha. She remembers us but thought that she last taught us about a month ago and was surprised that we can already linked our turns. I am quite sure it had been much longer than a month. Nevertheless, the truth is that the self practice during open sessions really help.
Anyhow, we didn’t lose our turns. Hoho. The instructor commented that we are quite steady in our turns. I asked her what else to learn and were told to try to turn faster and not hover for too long after completing a turn,
I want to go snowboarding on snow.
Mummy Lim




No comments:
Post a Comment