Wednesday, May 8, 2024

1st Trip to India for 2024 Part 1

Finally the time has come - my 1st India trip for 2024. Despite traveling to India like 3x last year, I still dread the thought. The family didn’t fancy me being away for a week. While I like to think that they will miss me, I think they miss the person who would do the housework more. 

Like other business trips, I started putting a few things together and only started real packing on Sunday. There isn’t much to bring anyway. Sunday was a busy day, making sure that we do grocery shopping and the last load of laundry is done. I also did an orientation for the family - this is where the trash bags are stored, this is how you operate the washing machine, these are the bags for Mochi’s poo poo. 

Daddy Lim has been down with a nasty flu for over a week. I was worried that he would pass me the flu bug bcos it is no fun traveling sick. Then on Sunday evening, Zaky complained that he felt sick - 37.8 degrees. Zzzzz. I was nursing a headache myself but the thermometer said that I am fine.

My flight was at 7.40am on Monday. I was up at 4.45am and arrived with plenty of time. 

I was busy shopping at DFS, my ritual of rewarding myself before every business trip. Then, I was interrupted by updates that both kids were down with fever. Zaky was 39.4 and Nana was 38.0. What? Nana too? She was still jumping about the night before, trying to follow a HIIT workout on YouTube. 

While trying to find the concealer to buy, I was busy printscreening the insurance card and panel clinic details to the kids. The kids went back to bed, intending to visit the clinic only at 10am. 


It is the 1st time that I tried connecting to the free wifi in the air, in attempt to find out if all were good with the kids. The connection was choppy but at least I was updated about the kids’ status. They each was given 2 days MC.

I caught a movie, read and had a nice bfast. 

The flight was 5 hours long. I landed on time and cleared immigration smoothly. The driver was already waiting and I started my familiar journey to the office. 

The familiar honking and traffic jam. 

Everything just feels very grey and dusty. Hello to the lack of city planning, the weird new construction that spout in the midst of old buildings and the construction that stops midway despite being fully occupied at the lower levels.

I was told that this is bcos the construction firm didn’t get the permit to build the upper floors and thus left it idle. 

The1st day is always the longest day. Not only was I up early in SG time, the time difference means longer working hours. I only left the office at 8.30pm, which is 11pm in Singapore. I was super hungry when I made it to the hotel. The big bed was very inviting.

Comfort food for dinner. 

I literally had dinner in the bed. Nice… 

Interestingly, which I was both mentally and physically tired, I didn’t fall asleep immediately. I took some time to read and then mindlessly scrolled FB. Sleep was definitely easy.

Mummy Lim








No comments: